Water filtration and treatment is the process of removing contaminants, impurities, and other unwanted substances from water to make it safe and suitable for various uses. Water filtration and treatment can take many different forms depending on the specific application, the quality of the source water, and the desired level of treatment.
Some common methods of water filtration and treatment include:
- Sedimentation: Sedimentation involves allowing suspended particles and impurities to settle to the bottom of a tank or basin, where they can be removed through filtration or other means.
- Filtration: Filtration involves passing water through a filter media, such as sand, activated carbon, or ceramic, to remove impurities and contaminants.
- Disinfection: Disinfection involves using chemical or physical processes, such as chlorination or ultraviolet (UV) light, to kill or inactivate harmful microorganisms and bacteria in the water.
- Reverse osmosis: Reverse osmosis involves passing water through a semi-permeable membrane to remove impurities and contaminants, including dissolved solids, minerals, and salts.
- Ion exchange: Ion exchange involves using a resin material to remove dissolved minerals and ions from the water, such as calcium and magnesium, which can cause scaling and other issues.
- Distillation: Distillation involves heating water to create steam, which is then condensed to remove impurities and contaminants.
What is included in the filtration and treatment system
Each UVS package is a full system. The system contains the following:
- Sediment filtration
- UV disinfection
- Controls for the system to deliver disinfected water at a steady pressure and a variable flow rate that can be used for toilet flushing, irrigation, tower cooling, and other processes.
The UVC systems are pumping and water treatment systems. This one is designed for commercial and industrial water reuse applications. The UVC systems are custom pumping and water treatment systems. They are planned for commercial and industrial water reuse applications. They apply patented continuous and verifiable disinfection. This control system is ideal for applications up to 150 GPM and 150 PSI.
The system controls make every system easy to program, operate, and analyze. Some of the many options include BAS connection, off site observation, and onboard ozone creators.
There is a progressive pump and treatment system designed for car wash reclamation. What is does is recovers up to 70% of car wash water. It then cleans the water for use again. It provides 15 GPM to 200 GPM for reuse.
What markets can use water filtration and treatment systems?
- Hospitals, in fact, some Florida hospitals are investing in to these systems after recent hurricanes they have realized just how important it is to have clean water that they can control and not have to wait for the city to take care of the problem
- Commercial process water for manufacturing products
- Flushing of toilets and urinals in offices and industrial businesses
- Cooling towers
- Parks and splash pools
- Commercial irrigation
- Greenhouse systems
- Bus washing services
- Car washing reclamation
Any commercial business that is in a high impact weather prone area can benefit from a water filtration and treatment system. Even stores and places that serve food can reduce their expenses for water, help the environment, and have continuous clean water.
This type of system can be purchased for a smaller individual home as well. It provides filtered water all the time. So, you have clean drinking water; even if a water main breaks. People who live in areas that are prone to tornados, hurricanes, water freezing and pipes breaking can benefit from one of these systems.
Benefits of a water filtration and treatment system
- Saves water and reduces waste
- Costs less for water from the city water and sewage utility
- Whatever the weather brings you will always have clean water for processes, toilet flushing, and drinking
- These systems do not use chemicals, so they are safe for the environment
- Removes chlorine the city puts in the water
- Easy to install and maintain
- Gives peace of mind that during disasters you will have clean water
- Systems are generally not that expensive when compared to water sewage bills for water that you may have to boil at times to use.
Those are just some of the advantages to your business or home.
Where can you purchase a filtration and treatment system? Modern Thermal Design is a dealer of these systems. Modern Thermal Designs will also install the system including the software, that way you can monitor and run the system yourself.
You may have questions as to what system you need, we can answer those questions. Contact us with questions or to purchase your system today.